About The Event
Same programme, new name!
We wanted to communicate exactly what we aim to do on this programme – empower women & girls ✨
Definition of empowerment:
A process that fosters power in people for use in their own lives, their communities and their society, by acting on issues they define as important (Page & Czuba,1999)
We have designed this programme to help foster the power in women and girls to do the following:
– Recognise signs of abuse and act accordingly
– To know their worth and therefore know what not to accept
– To only entertain healthy relationships
– To understand their strengths and capabilities
– To be confident in who they are
– To help them to walk in the fulfilment of their potential
We are also boldly saying that the abuse disproportionately inflicted upon women and girls is something that we are categorically not standing for – #itsenough.
We are raising awareness and we encourage many voices to get involved with the #UNITE campaign.
#16daysofactivism.. and beyond!
The ultimate aim is change and we will continue to speak and act until we see it.
If you would like to benefit from this programme, sign up 💫